Monday, April 28, 2008

Reflection post 2

This week I have to finish the power point part of my Content Area project, start my art paper, finish my math homework online, and study for the quiz on Wednesday, as well as the upcoming test next Monday. For the power point, I have to basically include everything my group has been working on and put it into slides, as well as prepare for the presentation portion of the grade on Wednesday. My art paper requires that I visit an art gallery first (I’m going to visit the one in CSU on Andy Warhol) and write about the artist, his work, and an overall review of the gallery. So as soon as I visit the gallery I have to complete an outline, and start my essay. As for my homework online, I have to look over my notes in order to remind myself how to do certain math problems and practice for the quiz and test.
The reading strategies that I used last week included SQ3R, highlighting main ideas in each paragraph, textbook aids like the star, “ex” for examples, and a box around unknown vocabulary. Marking unknown vocabulary really did help me do my work better, especially when it came to the Newsweek articles. Using some SQ3R strategies helped me understand the material, which helped me in the overall Journal entry assignment. And the text book aids helped out when I had to go back and reread the article to scan for the quotes and my comments on them in the Reading journal entries. I will not really be using the SQ3R strategies this week because I don’t have any real extensive reading to do. My challenges this week are to finish my work when I have to, or I’m going to fail- or at least get a bad grade.

No comments: