Monday, April 21, 2008

Reflection Post

For Spanish i have to complete chapters four and five in my Spanish workbook. One of the assignments is called "Mi Dario", which includes reading the directions and following the steps/formula that is given in order to do the assignment right. Doing this will help me manage time better and get my work done properly. For my Reading 96class, there are articles from Newsweek magazine that we are assigned to read and complete a Reader's Journal on. I use some elements in SQ3R when reading the article like highlighting main ideas in each paragraph, marking unknown vocabulary (and recording them in the journal's vocabulary log), as well as using textbook aids like marking a star(*) when there's something very important, marking "ex" next to an example, and boxes around unknown words.

I also have to study for my Spanish test tomorrow. In order to do that I look up my notes taken in class and re-read them, as well as going through the textbook's chapters and reviewing the vocabulary and conjugations. I'm also working on a project for my Reading 96 class, which includes reading over a sample chapter from an art class I'm interested in taking. I have to pre-read the chapter, highlight main ideas in each paragraph, mark unknown vocabulary words, and use textbook aids.
One last thing I'm going to work on this week is a paper about my reactions to the book The Things They Carried. I will use some elements of SQ3R while reading the book in order to help me reveiw after I'm done. This will make it easier to write about my thoughts if I don't have to constantly re-read everyhting in the book.

No comments: